- About ASF
- What is Autism?
- What We Fund
- Autism Science
- Autism Research Strategic Plan
- Research by Topic
- Research by Year
- Interviews with Scientists
- Science Journals
- Autism In The News
- Recommended Reading
- Participate in Research
- NIH ACE Grants
- NIMH Resources
- Autism Research Glossary
- Media Center
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Dec 10 2012
autismMatch is a project of the Center for Autism Research (CAR). CAR is a multi-discplinary center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia that coordinates and supports research on the causes and treatments of ASD.
Under the direction of CAR's director, Robert Schultz, PhD, and associate director, David Mandell, ScD, CAR has launched one of the largest research programs in the world. CAR's mission is to discover the neurobiological, genetic, and environmental causes of autism in order to develop more effective treatments. CAR also influences practice and policy by conducting applied research to test new treatments and to identify the needs of families. Training and outreach led by CAR provides information about scientifically-based practices to more than a thousand families and professionals each year.
autismMatch research includes studies on treatments, diagnosis, genetics, and brain imaging, as well as studies focused on common co-occuring problems related to sleep and anxiety. New studies are added throughout the year.
Criteria for Participation:
- Children and adults of any age
- Individuals with or without autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Residents of the Mid-Atlantic and adjacent regions
- From time to time, you will be invited to take part in ASD research based on the symptom profile, age, and family characteristics of the person enrolled in autismMatch.
- You can volunteer for or ignore any specific study opportunity.
- Consistent with federal standards, information that identifies you will be kept secure and will never be shared with anyone without your consent.
How to Enroll:
Enroll on-line at http://www.centerforautismresearch.com/matchor request an enrollment package by:
- phone: 1-866-570-6532
- email: autismMatch@email.chop.edu
- Complete questionnaires about your family's background and symptoms of ASD
- Enrollment takes 20 to 30 minutes
For more information about eligibility and participating, call 1-866-570-6524 or email autismMatch@email.chop.edu
Visit http://www.centerforautismresearch.com/match for more information.